Nigeria has been termed Africa’s destination ground for investment following the rebasing of its GDP.
The rebasing of Nigeria’s GDP revealed other sectors that are contributing immensely to the economy other than oil and gas. These sectors are; creative (Entertainment and Fashion), Telecommunications (Technology), real estate and agriculture.
Nigeria’s tech industry which is one of the key contributors of the economy is a young and vibrant one. A number of telecommunications owned by local and foreign investors have sprung up in the country in the last decade and has contributed in great measure in creating jobs opportunity, and boosting the economy. Key examples are; MTN, GLO, Etisalat, Airtel, InterSwitch, IrokoTV, Paga, just to name a few.
Inside Nigeria’ Information technology industry lies a young and vibrant firm called CareMedica Systems, the owners of Nigeria’s First Free, Web-based Electronic Health Records (EHR) System called CareMedica.
CareMedica is a free Web-based Electronic Health Records System that provides a platform for doctors and other medical professionals to collaborate for effective patient care. It is a robust real-time healthcare insight for the world’s most populous black nation. Quoting Delos Cosgrove, CEO and President of Cleveland Clinic, “the practice of medicine has never been more technologically dependent than it is now, and it only become more so” because according to Todd L, MD, FACEP, Clinical Instructor, University of Michigan Medical School “The number one patient complaint is having to wait too long. And these days especially, we can’t afford patient dissatisfaction”. Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, Minister of Health, Federal Republic of Nigeria nailed it when he said “Medical practice demands much more standards than other sectors. We have to do all to meet the standards” CareMedica is the solution to medical challenge in Nigeria and Africa at large.
The Market Potential for CareMedica
With over 168 million potential patients, over 65, 000 registered medical doctors in Nigeria, over 100,000 paramedical, tons of Pharmaceutical companies, healthcare manufacturers and resellers, CareMedica stands a chance to becoming Africa’s largest Web-based Electronic Health Records (EHR) System judging from its robustness and market size.
Overview of CareMedica
In few minutes, a user (Doctor or any medical personal) sign up and starts Charting with patients in minutes anywhere, anytime and anyplace. CareMedica does not require any software to install, no hidden fees, no prior learning curve. It has on-time support.
CareMedica Business Model
- The business model of CareMedica includes;
- Build the Best EHR nationwide and beyond.
- Make it free for medical professionals to use.
- Make it engaging and easy-to-use such that medical professionals do their daily work on it.
- Build the largest real-time healthcare database in Africa for health insight into the world’s most populous black nation.
- First CareMedica installation, Emmanuel Medical Centre, Osun State, Nigeria (January, 2013)
- Installed CareMedica, refined, in Olugbon Medical Centre, Oyo State Nigeria (July, 2013).
- Installed CareMedica, redeveloped, in Grace Medical Centre, Ogun State, Nigeria (April, 2014)
- Launched CareMedica Web App- www.caremedica.com.ng (June, 2014)
Strategies for Revenue Generation
- CareMedica will generate revenue through advertisements of relevant medical products by manufacturers and resellers to medical professionals nationwide.
- It will also generate revenue through on-site installation of CareMedica systems (software) for hospitals and chains of medical centres.
- And also by monetizing real-time healthcare insights to agencies, governments and individuals
For further inquiry’
+234 803 0666 858